Wednesday, August 17, 2011

How to Tell I Need A Life #7

I've been pretty broke lately, so i've been bringing sandwiches or salads to work for lunch. And because i take my lunch break at a different time than everyone else in my office, i've been sitting outside of the student center, alone, eating my sandwich and reading. And since eating a sandwich only takes a few minutes and my lunch break is an hour long, i use the rest of the time to knit.

Lest you think that this is the pinnacle of sadness, allow me to reassure you: it gets worse.

For the last two days, it has been raining, so i could not eat my lunch outside in the sunshine and fresh air. Instead, i took my LeanPocket to the mezzanine floor, which is right above my office. I can hear all of their conversations from up there. I sat in front of the elevator two days in a row, eating my LeanPocket, knitting, and trying to pretend that i was not still at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment