Friday, May 25, 2012

Overheard in the Office 16


me: "Dick Smith's office. How can I help you?"
caller (long pause): "Hello! Could I speak to Mr. -- " (another pause) " -- Richard Smith?"
me: "He's not available at the moment. Can I take a message?"
caller: "Is this Mrs. Smith?"

First of all, you are clearly a telemarketer. And you are clearly bad at your job or 1) you would not have had to consult your paper for my boss' name after i just said it (especially considering what a simple name it is), and 2) after hearing me say it and consulting your paper, you would have gotten his name right. Please endeavor to suck less.

Secondly, what part of our conversation made you think you had called his home line? This is clearly a professional office. You can tell by the way that i said, "Dick Smith's office. How can I help you?" instead of "Hello?" or "Smith residence." Please endeavor to suck less.

Thirdly, what did i say that made you assume i was his wife? Were you really trying that hard to avoid listening to me? Please endeavor to suck less.

No comments:

Post a Comment